Thursday, March 19, 2015

This is Madness!

With the help of the tall man, I have filled out my first NCAA bracket. He gave me a lot of advice like: pick a team you think not many other people will have in the final four, don't go too heavy on early upsets and go with your gut. Mom was helpful too. She explained which teams had the better uniforms, what the names of the teams were, their mascots and most importantly, what basketball is. The dog didn't help at all, he tried to eat my bracket. I'll note that for later as it seems a good excuse if I'm running behind on my homework.

I was hooked on the NCAA tourney from the opening tip. There was the dizzying high of watching a team I picked (Notre Dame) win a close one in the first game. Then the diaper-filling low of watching my Elite Eight (Elite Eight!) Iowa St. Cyclones lose to UAB. The Tall Man says never trust a team with initials and now I know why. Besides, it could be worse: I heard the Tall Man say he had ISU in his Final Four while his less tall friend had Iowa State winning it all! I will say, if more of my final four teams lose, I'll have to join him in hitting the bottle...and by bottle I mean the amniotic sac that surrounds me - that's the only thing I can hit right now.

Read 'em and weep...not bad for a fetus

No comments:

Post a Comment